Life is full of decisions and, at the time we have to make them, they may seem overwhelming.
Some of us make fast decisions. Being a Libra I DO NOT ever make fast decisions. But….what if this? But…what if that? Yes….maybe no. Should I stay or should I go? It is one big headache and the older I get decision making just doesn’t get any easier! So, do I want to go there in this blog? “Well………yes…….and………..no.”
One evening my husband suggested writing down all the decisions we make during our lifetime. Here is a sampling. I am sure I am missing so very many. I would welcome knowing what decisions you have had to make past and present! My list of decisions date way way back… up to the present time.
- Milk or Juice?
- Peanut Butter and Jelly or Bologna?
- Go outside or stay inside?
- Ride my bike or walk?
- Tap or Ballet?
- Soccer or Basketball?
- Keds or Converse PF Flyers (my husband wanted this included!)
- Penny Loafers or Frys (my husband and I combined this one…Penny loafers of course!)
- Bell Bottoms or Straight Legs? (When I started wearing jeans, I didn’t have a choice. Thank goodness those times have changed! In fact, I had to buy men’s jeans!)
- Date him or him?
- Make out or not?
- Tell my parents about that or not!
- Movie or Canteen?
- Long or Short?
- That gift or that gift?
- Go to Woodstock or work? (I didn’t go….on the ‘regret’ list….I think)
- Stay home or go away to College?
- Vietnam or College (for the men out there)
- Travel or Work?
- Work here or Work there?
- Marry him or wait?
- Buy a home or rent?
- Adjustable rate or 30 year fixed?
- Kids or no kids?
- Now or later?
- Kids or Career?
- New York or Florida?
- Raise the family here or there?
- Sports car or Mini Van?
- Rock or Easy Listening?
- Take that job or stay put?
- Lease or buy that car?
- Red or White?
- Weight Watchers or Quick Weight Loss or…?
- Wear that dress or this one to my daughter or son’s wedding?
- Buy this or that for my grandchildren?
- SS at 62 or 65?
- New hip now or later?
- Retire here or retire there?
- Sell our home or stay?
- Cataract surgery now or later?
- Townhouse, condo or one level?
- Tennis or Pickleball?
There will be other very important decisions in our future but I’m not going there at this point. I’m just not ready for all THOSE decisions. You know what I mean.
As Yogi Berra allegedly said. “When you come to the fork in the road, take it!”